Auto Insurance Information
What is auto insurance?
Auto insurance protects you against financial loss if you have an accident. It is a contract between you and the insurance company. You agree to pay the premium and the insurance company agrees to pay your losses as defined in your policy.
Auto insurance provides property, liability and medical coverage:
- Property coverage pays for damage to or theft of your car.
- Liability coverage pays for your legal responsibility to others for bodily injury or property damage.
- Medical coverage pays for the cost of treating injuries, rehabilitation and sometimes lost wages and funeral expenses.
An auto insurance policy is comprised of six different kinds of coverage. Most states require you to buy some, but not all, of these coverages. If you’re financing a car, your lender may also have requirements.
Most auto policies are for six months or a year. Your insurance company should notify you by mail when it’s time to renew the policy and to pay your premium.
Why do you need auto insurance?
It’s really all about protecting yourself financially.
- If you’re in an accident or your car is stolen, it costs money, often a lot of money, to fix or replace it.
- If you or any passengers are injured in an accident, medical costs can be extremely expensive.
- If you or your car is responsible for damage or injury to others, you may be sued for much more than you’re worth.
- Not only is having insurance a prudent financial decision, many states require you to have at least some coverage.
Questions to ask your agent
Your Independent Agent is an advocate for finding auto insurance that meets your specific needs. Here are a few things to consider as you prepare for the discussion:
- How much can you afford to pay if you get in an accident? (To keep premiums low you may want to have a higher deductible and be willing to pay more for repairs.)
- What is the insurance company’s level of service and ability to pay claims?
- What discounts are available? (Ask about good driver, multiple policy and student discounts.)
- What’s the procedure for filing and settling a claim? (Ask who to call and what happens after you file a claim.)
Tell us about your car insurance needs. We’ll listen and work with you to make sure you’re covered.
Find out if you can save big on your car insurance premiums
We will provide you with a car insurance quote based on your needs. get excellent coverage and a great price.
1. Do I really need car insurance?
All owners and operators of motor vehicles are required by law to have car insurance. If you drive while not insured and you get into an accident, you will be taken to jail.
2. How much auto insurance do I need?
You can opt for the minimum coverage required by your state, which is usually liability insurance. However, if you want complete coverage in the event of an accident, you’ll need additional coverage.
3. What Is Property Damage Liability Coverage?
This covers you for the cost of damage to another person’s car or property when you are at fault for an accident. If you accidentally destroy someone’s front fence, you’ll want this coverage to cover the damages.
4. What is collision coverage?
This is the coverage that will help pay for repair or replacement of your vehicle if it gets damaged in an accident. If you finance or lease your car, your lender likely requires collision coverage.
5. What is uninsured motorists coverage?
This coverage protects you if you’re in an accident with a driver who has no liability insurance, or lack of insurance funds to cover the full damages.
Get great car insurance at an affordable premium. Your auto insurance should always be affordable while giving you the peace of mind knowing you are covered.
Have any Question? Ask us anything, we’d love to answer!